10 Steps to Local Law 26
Photoluminescent Signage Compliance
- Doors: “Running Man + Exit” sign on doors opening to exits or exit passageways (stairwells)
- Steps: Side edge markings or continuous stripe of tape along horizontal leading edge
- Landings: Continuous marking along the leading edge.
- Handrails: Only for buildings constructed pursuant to plans approved as of July 1, 2006 or after. Mark with a solid, continuous stripe of photoluminescent material.
- Floor Perimeters: Outline the egress path, stair landings, and other parts of the egress path with a solid and continuous stripe of photoluminescent material.
- Obstacles: Mark obstacles at or below 6’6″ height, and projecting more than 4″ into the eggress path with photoluminescent markings comprised of a pattern of alternating black and photoluminescent material.
- Directional Signage: All buildings: a directional sign (arrow) to indicate direction of travel where not clear within the egress pathway. Only for buildings constructed pursuant to plans approved as of July 1, 2006 or after: a directional sign (arrow), showing direction of travel, to be visible upon opening the door to a stairwell or exit.
- Not An Exit Sign: Only for buildings constructed pursuant to plans approved as of July 1, 2006 or after: doors leading to dead ends to be marked with signs reading “Not An Exit”.
- Intermediate and Final Exit Doors: Wall mounted sign adjacent to intermediate and final exit doors.
- Door Frames and Hardware: Top and sides of intermediate and final exit door frames marked with solid and continuous photoluminescent tape. Door hardware marked with no less than 16 sq. inches of photoluminescent material.
Are you compliant? GM Graphics offers Local Law 26 Photoluminescent Signage Compliance certification services. We will survey your building, prepare a report, and repair or replace damaged and missing signs…expertly! Contact us today for a free estimate.
Do you need photoluminescent sign products? Contact us for your free PowderGlo™ photoluminescent sign and tape catalog.
GM Graphics is the exclusive manufacturer of PowderGlo™ photoluminescent sign products.